Home brewing involves the brewing of beer on a non-commercial basis for personal usage. Beer has been brewed since thousands of years before commercial production, but it has not been made legal in all places. Having the best home brewing kit will guarantee the perfect taste of your drinks; let’s take a look at currently top rated products and try to select the perfect one!
Best Home Brewing Kit – Reviews
There is a lot of kits on the market and getting the right one might be a tough thing to do. To help you with this task I’ve tested few of top rated products for you. Let’s try to find the best beer making kit!
Deluxe Home Brewing Equipment Starter Kit – Glass Carboys – with Chinook IPA Beer Recipe Kit
This product guarantees an excellent brewing experience along with cleaner beer. It comes with an instructional DVD, recipes, six-gallon glass vessel (primary), five-gallon glass vessel (secondary), blow-off hose, funnel, Fermometers, auto-siphon and tubing, bottling bucket and spigot, bottle filler and tubing, bottle capper and caps, carboy brush and bottle cleaning brush, brewery cleaner and carboy dryer. Some of its reviews spoke about how it is the best starter kit and how the company provides remarkable services. The DVD was well appreciated as it provided a lot of information on how to begin the procedure. This product has also been categorized as user-friendly and easy to use. All in all, a lot of people claim it is the best beer brewing kit currently available on the market.
BSG Gold DP-GFZY-7I2K Beer Homebrew Kit with 6 Gallon Glass Carboy
This product is designed in gold, especially for bottles that can contain five gallons of beer. It includes all the equipment and parts needed to make a five-gallon batch of beer, six-gallon glass vessel, recipes and user-friendly instructions. Most of the reviews spoke about the economic value that the product has along with the satisfaction of receiving genuine and original equipment. When the kit is delivered, its presentation is quite neat and attractive. Some reviews also mention that a few additional items may need to be bought separately such as ingredients (which are not so costly), a long wooden spoon (for stirring), a five-gallon pot, bottles and bottle caps.
Home Brew Ohio RL-WKZ2-0IJS Gold Complete Beer Equipment Kit (K7) with 5 Gal Glass Carboy
This product guarantees user friendliness as its main feature. It includes full-fledged tools that are state of the art designed and come with easy instructions and tips for a good brewing experience. Reviews have clearly stated the company’s remarkable customer service as tools have been delivered on request, ten months after the product had been delivered. Another review mentions that all the items arrived in excellent shape and they had no trouble in setting up the entire procedure. Also, the brewing kit can be used for other options besides beer such as cider.
Maestro Homebrew Beer Equipment Kit with Auto Siphon
This product is designed to be multicolored and comes with an easy-to-use instruction manual. It includes a brew handbook, instructions, 6.5-gallon fermenting bucket (primary), one lid drilled and grommet, 6.5-gallon bottling bucket, Fermometers, Fermtech springless bottle filler, Fermtech 3/8 inch auto siphon, 5 ft x 5/16 inch flex vinyl tubing, hydrometer, Emily double lever capper, bottle brush, 3 piece airlock, and a C-Brite sanitizer 8-pack. The main reviews that this product has received are regarding its economic value and user-friendliness. They also mention that this kit is ideal for those users who are beginners to home brewing. Some reviews also talk about the items that would need to be purchased individually with the kit, which include a grain bag, strainer, ingredients, bottles, bottle caps, 5-gallon pot and thermometer (additional item).
Mr. Beer Premium Gold Edition Homebrewing Craft Beer Making Kit
With this product and its given ingredients, the company guarantees to make the home brewing procedure simpler than it seems. The extra items include a professional light fermenter, eleven 25-ounce bottles (reusable), brewing extract (created with high-quality barley and hops), no-rinse cleanser, carbonation drops, and Aztec Mexican Cerveza and Czech Pilsner refill. The reviews received about this product have been impressive. Users mention that the kit is one of the easiest to use they have come across along with its clearly guided instructions manual. The fermenting tank has been praised as well since its small size of 2 gallons speeds up the entire process. The brand’s website also contains a number of different recipes, giving users numerous options to choose from for their kit.
What Is Home Brewing?
Home-brewed beer has been taxed in the United States since 1979 and allowed in a few states. It is the creation of an old beverage on a small scale. This drink is cherished culturally around the globe. With the help of a number of kits, beer can be brewed easily at home with little to no external assistance.
How to Perform Home Brewing?
The first step involves the preparation of all the equipment and ingredients. All equipment must be cleaned and sanitized properly. The ingredients include malt, yeast, hops, water and specialty grains. Boil the specialty grains in a mesh bag in a pot of boiling water at 150 degrees Fahrenheit for thirty minutes. Remove the grains and let the water drip in the pot; do not squeeze the bag.
Then, add the malt and set it to boil again with additions of hops every now and then for flavor. After boiling, it must be chilled immediately. This can be done by placing the pot in a sink filled with ice.
As soon as the temperature reaches 80 degrees Fahrenheit, pour the mixture into the fermenter. After the mixture is poured, a strainer should be used to strain the hops. Five gallons of water needs to be then added to the mixture along with yeast.
The final step is to place an airtight lid on top and place the fermenter in a cool and dry place. After 24 hours, the mixture will be seen bubbling. After two weeks, the beer is ready to be bottled.
Before the bottling procedure, some priming sugar (part of the brewing kit ingredients) must be boiled with water and cooled. This mixture must be then added to the fermented beer.
A sanitized fermenting tube needs to be used to transfer the beer from the fermenter into a regular cooler from which the bottles can be filled easily. After the transfer, the bottles will be filled. They again need to be kept in a cool and dry place for around two weeks before refrigeration.
Pros And Cons Of Home Brewing:
- The equipment and kit can be easily used at home, and the beer can be brewed whenever the user wants.
- All equipment and tools can be received together.
- The quality of the beer is guaranteed to be good almost every time.
- It is not too costly and the procedure is straightforward.
- Ingredients may be costly.
- Users may not have access to a great number of recipes.
- The procedure may prove to be time-consuming.
Tips & Tricks
Home brewing can prove to be a tricky procedure at times. The following tips must be kept in mind for a successful brewing experience:
- Ingredients must always be fresh and of high quality. Liquid yeast is highly preferred over dry yeast. It must be refrigerated and the grains must be stored in a cool and dry place.
- Research the brewing procedure extensively before performing it at home. This polishes the user’s skills, experience and beer of course.
- Keep all the equipment 100% sanitized. Any tool or material that is touched by the beer (after the cooling process has begun) must be repeatedly washed and kept clean at all times.
- Purchase a wort chiller. When the beer is cooled quickly, it can lose proteins. A wort chiller will polish the beer’s clarity and quality.
- Boil the wort chiller for an hour and a half. This ensures sanitization and gets rid of different compounds, oils and other kinds of bacteria.
- The fermenter’s temperature must be under control. There are a number of fermenters that provide the feature of temperature control. The ones that do not can be stored in certain cool and dry places with wet towels wrapped around. The towels must be cooled every twelve hours to maintain a temperature of 66-68 degrees Fahrenheit. Thermometers can also be used to check the temperature.
- Glass fermenters are advisable. They are more convenient to clean and provide 100% oxygen without any leaks.
- For better fermentation, a yeast pack should be made. This is done by boiling a small portion of malt with water and cooling it. The yeast is added to the mixture two to three days before the brewing procedure for better results.
Get The Best Home Brewing Kit to Brew Perfect Drinks
Home brewing has proven to be a convenient procedure to make homemade beer with the help of some excellent kits. This procedure also ensures that user knows which ingredients are used in their favorite drink. Hope my guide helped you choose your best home brewing kit!